Instructions for Assembling and Installing Drawer Boxes
9. Complete drawer box with the drawer attached.
10. Installing the drawer slides: At the drawer location measure the
cabinet from the inside to the back of the cabinet face, (See above)
then subtract ¼”. In this example 23” – ¼” = 22 ¾” check both sides to
make sure they are the same.
Tip: To subtract ¼” count four lines back
on your tape measure.
11. Measuring from the wood rail on the wheel end side back.
12. Cut the slides down to this measurement using the hand miter box.
13. Attach the drawer slide end support block ( the 2” x 3” x ¼” thick
vinyl MDF) to the cut end of the slides.
14. Install the right and left slides in the cabinet by placing a screw through
the front hole of the slides into the cabinet frame face, make sure the
bottom of the slide is sitting down all the way against the cabinet face
Tip: if the cabinet face frame is less than 3/4” thick and the metal
slide is hinging out past the face of the cabinet. Unscrew the metal
slide from the wood supporting rail and move the metal slide back
3/8” to the other sets of holes and re-attach the metal slide to the wood
15. Level and align the slides, then screw it to be back of the cabinet. If
your cabinet does not have a back and you are attaching to the drywall
you may want to use some panel adhesive on the back of the ¼” vinyl.
Install the drawer box, if the drawer box does not slide or is not aligned
with the cabinet face then unscrew the back of the slides and realign.